Thursday, July 26, 2012

THE WEEK AFTER, BRANDON'S FIRST

So I have yet to run after my half marathon. Monday I was sore and thinking about doing three miles, but figured I should just let my body rest. Tuesday I went to a Timbers game, Wednesday was bowling league, and now it is Thursday. I am going to try and run a fast four miles tonight. I am going to Brandon's soccer practice, so that will screw my normal running time up, but I am determined to get a run in. Since I slacked tapered the week before the half, I haven't run much at all in the last two weeks. Gotta get back on that!


Brandon's first race is this Saturday. Half a mile with other soon to be fourth graders. He's not ready at all. We did one practice run and he ran at most 1/6 of a mile before needing a break. Like most kids, he has no concept of pacing at all.

He did start to try and weasel his way out of running, but I pretended I already signed him up for a bunch of races and paid money, so hopefully he'll keep at it. I think once he does an actual race he'll see how fun it can be. The race this weekend he'll get a shirt, a bib, free food, etc. Hopefully he won't be too discouraged by the scores of children sure to be blowing past him. Me, his dad, and his soccer coach all know his fitness is holding him back from taking the next step up in player greatness. Even he acknowledges that when he's not trying to not run. So we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment