Saturday, April 20, 2013

EARTH DAY RUN PREVIEW!

Quick preview of the Earth Day Run tomorrow. When I signed up for this a few months back I realized it was the week after my half marathon but wanted to do it anyways. I love the location and it is only a 5k. Plus, I have to defend my 13th place overall from last year!

Goals for this race aren't quite as ambitious because all my training has been half marathon focused so I haven't gotten a chance to work on the shorter, faster stuff. It will be nice to have a race last just a little bit over twenty minutes though! It will be twenty some odd minutes of pain and strain though.

My goal is to beat last year's time. 23:41 is what I got last year, so as long as I beat that I'll feel pretty good. I am not going to even shoot for my 5k PR, this course is a little hilly for that. Overall, I haven't really thought much about this race. I ran three miles today as a warm up. I wanted to rest all the way until the race but really wanted to go for a run so I just told myself I would take it easy.

That is kind of scary though... I am almost to the point where I want to run. Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment