Wednesday, May 29, 2013

RUM RUN PHOTOS

First, a quick update on that sprinting match I got into at the Rum Run finish line. Turns out I actually WON! Wohoo! Gun time I was 1 second ahead of him. I kind of had a suspicion that might have been the case, while he went through the marked finish line first, there were a series of pads about 15 yards before that I suspected was the "actual" finish line where your chip was read. I had pulled just ahead at that point before he had the final burst through the marked finish. So guy twice my age, I beat you. On a technicality. And not on chip time (he crossed the start line 2 seconds after me). Okay, I'm going to go sulk now.

Also of note is that there is only ONE picture of me from the entire race. There was a photographer step up around mile 4.5 or so, but I was in a thick of 5Kers when I passed him so I figured he didn't get me (and he didn't). Sort of the same situation with the finish line sprint, if I didn't sprint I was actually in a decent 'pocket' and would have probably gotten a couple of pictures, instead, I sprinted right into the back of people and my shots got messed up.

Me and my sprint partner. I'm surprised I didn't trip, look near my feet!
Finish line photo, you can sort of see me. Closer than I thought!
After the run I ended up going to Sky High Sports with Brandon and jumping on trampolines for two and a half hours. Needless to say, my little leggsies were tired on Sunday night! Recovered surprisingly well though, ran 5.3 miles at run group Monday and felt pretty good.

This weekend has sixteen miles on the schedule. I am going to Rock of Ages the musical at 2pm on Saturday, so I'll need to do my run before than. That means getting out the door at 10am latest. Ugh. I don't wanna do 16 miles! *pout* Anyways, I'll probably just do a couple loops from my house.

Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment