Thursday, November 14, 2013

UPCOMING RACE SCHEDULE

November 28, 2013 - Give 'n' Gobble 10k Turkey Trot
Goal for this race will be to set a new 10k personal record. Should be a fairly flat course and I believe it shouldn't have that extra .12 miles like the Rum Run has. So I should set a record by a healthy margin. Goal is probably sub 45 minutes.

December 8, 2013 - Ho Ho 5k
I did this race last year. Don't expect to set a 5k record on this course. It's pretty hilly and parts are on mushy trails through the park. I'll still run it hard, but this one will be more "for fun." Would like to see maybe if I can get negative splits here... take it easy that first hilly mile and then attack the final mile through the flatter park area.

February 2, 2014 - Miami Half Marathon
Doing this run to support a friend in his effort to lose weight and start running. My weight loss experience coupled with running seems to have convinced him to give it a try at least. I told him I'd run the race with him if he signed up, not really expecting him to take up the offer, but he did and I am now flying to Miami to make good on that promise. Should be a ton of fun!

March 2, 2014 - Hot Chocolate 15k
The Tour de Crazy Big NW Races begins at Hot Chocolate in Seattle. This is tentative, but I am pretty sure Laurel and I agreed to do this one together. She'll be back living in the States and we thought it would be fun for me to come up and visit and do a race.

March 16, 2014 - Shamrock Run 15k
The second leg of crazy big 15k races brings the third year of doing Shamrock and then second year of doing the 15k. Goal will be beating my time from the year before. Embrace the insanity that is Shamrock! Shoot for sub 1:10 maybe?

April 4-5, 2014 - Ragnar SoCal Relay
Hood to Coast style race with strangers! Will be on a team with readers of the blog Runs For Cookies. Basically we all signed up to get in a van with complete strangers for 36 hours. We're getting to know each other beforehand online, but it should still be a crazy, fun time.

April 13, 2014 - Corvallis Half Marathon
Looking forward to doing this race again! Would like to run this race hard and possibly set a personal record for the half marathon, however, it will be the week after Ragnar so you never know. We'll also see how it works into my schedule because I have a much more important race in three weeks...

May 4, 2014 - Vancouver BMO Marathon
My second full marathon! Alejandro and I decided to do this race after Portland. I originally planned to do Eugene, but they moved that to the summertime, so Vancouver BC it is. It will be my first international marathon and should be a lot of fun.

Wow, that was more than I expected. Before I got this down on "paper" when thinking about the upcoming year I thought I had "a few" planned, but apparently it is more than a few. After May nothing is really set in stone, but I'd like to run either Chicago or Detroit in the fall... however, with the Miami race now, money allotted to this sort of thing is tight, so we'll see if I do those or just stick with Portland.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Look up all the Disney races and there's my running calendar ;D

    ReplyDelete