Friday, November 08, 2013

HELLO, WINTER. KINDLY GFY.

Outlook for next week.
Look at Monday. Hells yeah!
We ended up having a really awesome October here in Oregon. Normally October is pretty nice but for some reason I tend to clump it in with the "bad" months. It was a great month weather wise and I LOVED running outside during October. It was dry, the perfect temperature, the leaves were turning, it was beautiful, and so on and so forth.

Well, the honeymoon is over. Literally on November 1st it all went to shit (unlike on Halloween like when I was a kid). So for the past week I've really been struggling to get outside and do my runs. I've done them though and that is the important part. I've allowed myself to have flexibility as long as I end up doing my runs. Because of weather I switched my Monday run to Tuesday, and my Thursday run to Friday (tonight).

I've also missed group runs, which doesn't help. Monday I was late due to traffic and then just postponed to Tuesday because it was raining. And Wednesday night I had plans with friends for dinner and so I got there early and ran in circles near the restaurant until I hit five miles and then ate stinky (THAT is dedication my friends). These wet, dark runs will be a lot more tolerable if I run with other people, so I'll have to do my best to keep Mondays and Wednesdays open. That way I'll only have to do one weekday run alone instead of all three like this week.

Long run this weekend. Not feeling up to it, but I will do it. Just having a hard time adjusting to the season. Determined not to slack off because of it though like I did last year. So on Saturday I'll be doing 15 miles. I don't have anything else planned, so I'll probably sleep in, stumble out for a run around 1pm or so, then do an entire house cleaning. Should be a pretty crazy day.

2 comments:

  1. You call that winter?? That's downright balmy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, its mostly the dark and the wet that gets me. It'll get colder, just not quite Midwest cold though. :P

    ReplyDelete