Friday, January 24, 2014

WEEK RECAP

Quick recap of this week:

Monday: "Easy" run. Did the seven mile rollercoaster at PRC run group. Ended up at 8:38/mile, which isn't easy up those hills. Second half was definitely faster than the first half too. While sort of fast for the terrain, I didn't think it was fast enough to count as a tempo or marathon pace run.

Wednesday: Recovered very well from my Monday run. Ended up doing a five mile tempo run at PRC. Splits were 7:42, 7:36, 7:35, 7:08, and 6:53. I believe that 6:53 is the fastest mile I have run in a non-competition. Felt pretty easy too, didn't even think I was pushing it quite that hard. Good run, felt not so hot at the beginning but then I loosened up and it was pretty fun!

Friday: Did my 10k loop at my house at marathon pace. Ended up at 7:57/mile average over the hilly course. Need to work on hitting my splits more evenly. First two miles were 7:55, but then rattled off a couple 8:11s and an 8:02. Finished with a 7:42 sixth mile and 7:00 pace over the last .22 miles to bring the overall average below eight.

Yes, the course is hilly but the splits don't make sense. One of the 8:11 miles was the part of the course where I should have been faster. Since it was dark out I only checked my watch once or twice per mile. I didn't want to obsess over the pace, but I would like to really dial the effort in. Should that happen, I think splits would optimally be like 8:00, 7:55, 7:55, 8:10, 8:00, and 7:55 based on the terrain.

Tomorrow: Sixteen miles with Coach Jim! Was supposed to have Friday off, but shit came up on Thursday so I had to move my rest day. Won't be quite as fresh as I normally would be. We are running up Mount Tabor too... ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment