Thursday, January 16, 2014

RUNNING DREAM/NIGHTMARE

I believe this is the first running related dream that I remember. The other night I had a dream I was running the Umpqua River Marathon. I remember feeling that this race was going to be really special since it was down at the Umpqua and also that I was super prepared and excited to run it.

Oh, you know what, it's not the first running dream I remember, I now remember one were I was running through a park and the turns were really confusing. Squirrel!

Anyways, the race was later in the day but for some reason I lost track of time and I was late. Then began the frustrating task of finding my running clothes/shoes/etc. in typical dream fashion where everything is just fucked up. Meanwhile the race is about to start. Ugh! Funny because the "scramble" was taking place at my parents' house in Tualatin.

The start of training went well. Monday I ran the hilly seven mile rollercoaster at PRC at 9:00/mile. Yesterday I set out to do a marathon pace run on the five mile loop and ended up running about 7:45/mile average, which was a little fast. I guess better a little fast than a little slow. Tonight I think I'm going to attempt a fartlek run.

No comments:

Post a Comment