Saturday, January 25, 2014

RUNS FOR COOKIES 5K (+22.36)

This morning I woke up at 7am to run with the Coach Jim group at 8am. Waking up that early to run is NOT fun! However, I got my ass out there and did it, so yay me.

The run ended up being 17 miles, not the 16 I was planning for. Guess they threw an extra one in there for fun. Overall I was able to slog through it. Wasn't feeling the best and we ran up Mt. Tabor, which was hard. I did it though! Alejandro and I ran with the 3:40 group instead of the 3:30 group since he has been in Costa Rica for two weeks and thought he was out of shape. And of course he did way better than me.

Only bad part was today is the Runs for Cookies Virtual 5k. I wanted to try and beat last year's time, but no way that was happening with the long run today. Luckily, it's okay to run your 3.1 miles in the course of a longer run, so that's what I'll count. I ran five Runs for Cookies 5k races today! ;)

Our pace was very casual today, so I'll have to plug in 30:20 as my time. That was the fastest 5k period on the long run according to Endomondo. Looking forward to a day off tomorrow!

1 comment: