Thursday, February 27, 2014

CATCHING UP

This week I am playing catch up due to bad luck, my own stupidity, and the Portland Timbers. Let me explain...

Wednesday there was a Portland Timbers preseason game. Wednesday is one day I usually run, so I knew I'd have to adjust things somewhat.

On Monday I felt GREAT at run group. Did the seven mile hilly course at 7:45/mile. Killed it, fastest pace ever for that course. On Tuesday I was feeling pretty good so I figured I'd just run Tuesday night at home instead of Wednesday. Well, shit hit the fan at work, and by the time I got home it was 7pm, I was burnt out, and I didn't want to run.

So I then devised a plan to run after work on Wednesday before the Timbers game. I would run along the waterfront and it would be a lot of fun, a nice change of pace. So I packed all my running clothes and also an outfit to change into after to go to the Timbers game. I figured I'd take a "bath" at the sink in my office after the run. Well I forgot one very important thing. Shoes. So despite all my planning and intentions there was no way I could run.

Which leads me to today. It is now Thursday and I haven't ran since Monday. Not the best training plan. So I need to run tonight and tomorrow night. Totally doable. Just annoying to have to "catch up" after plans earlier fell through. Thankfully my long run was going to be Sunday this week anyways, so I won't be running three days in a row and cap it all with 18 miles.

Sometimes I wish I was a morning person so I could just knock them out at 7am.

1 comment:

  1. Oh noes!! That's happened to me a time or two with my sports bra. You try to think if you can make it work but nope. Nope nope nope.

    ReplyDelete