Friday, February 28, 2014

PORTLAND 2014: IT'S OFFICIAL

Well, I decided to finally bite the bullet and register for the 2014 Portland Marathon today. Figured I would register before the price went up even further. Cost was $130, which I want to bitch about, but the Vancouver BC Marathon was $150. Just the reality of a big city marathon. At some point I'll be fine with the smaller events, but at this moment I feel the need for a big event to do a marathon. I'm not going to run by myself through some country roads for 26 miles.

So, that was a hit on the wallet. Also signed up for the 10k Rum Run for the 3rd straight year. That one was a little easier on the wallet. $35 I think. Oh, and I signed up for the Bald Peak Half Marathon a couple days ago. Great race as long as you're not shooting for a PR I've heard. I still need to sign up for the Foot Traffic Flat Half Marathon on July 4th. Oy.

Good training this week. Recovered from the early week fiasco quite well.

Monday: 7.19 miles at 7:44/mile up the PRC rollercoaster.
Thursday: 5.26 miles at 7:45/mile at Thursday PRC
Friday: 6.35 miles at 7:44/mile fartlek run around my home 10k course.

No comments:

Post a Comment