Wednesday, May 14, 2014

BACK AT IT

After the Vancouver Marathon I didn't run again for a whole week, until the very next Sunday. I had planned to at least take four or five days off, not necessarily seven, but I decided I should give my body the chance to heal up properly. I was sore Monday and Tuesday but like Portland, felt much better on Wednesday following the race. I could tell there was still some healing going on though, so I decided not to push.

That first run back sucked! Like after Portland, I only did a 5k, and also like after my first marathon, it felt extremely hard and long (okay, #). My watch was fucking up again when I started the run so I stopped and completely rebooted it. I never turn it all the way off and back on again. Well, that snapped it right back to normal and working. Should have done that in Vancouver! I felt super winded and out of shape and did those three miles at 8:58/mile. A very long 28 minutes.

The day after I went to run group at PRC and did 6.5 miles at 8:53/mile. It felt a little easier but it was also a lot flatter. Certainly a little harder than that pace should feel for me. I was able to get them done however and felt good afterward. So slowly working my way back into things. I took Tuesday off, like usual, and will try to do seven tonight at run group, hopefully a little faster. Not sure what I'll do this weekend, if I'll do a "long run" or just do like a 10k and call it good. Probably should try for at least eight miles.

Gotta get my legs back quick, the Rum Run is only eleven days away!

No comments:

Post a Comment