Tuesday, July 29, 2014

THE WEEKEND AND THE WEEK AHEAD

Had a great weekend after running six miles on Friday. Those six were after 26 miles the previous two days and they honestly went better than I thought. I ran them very easy on purpose, setting my watch to show only the time so I wouldn't get stressed about my slow pace. Ended up averaging high 9s, my usual long run pace. Perfect. Legs felt decent.

Legs felt tired over the weekend but I had a great time up in Seattle. I took Brandon up there, his first visit to a big city other than Portland, and we did Wild Waves Theme Park, the Space Needle, and a Seattle Mariners game. They were all a blast and it was fun to show him a new place. The weather over the weekend was perfect, really couldn't have asked for it to be any better. I need to go up and spend some time in Seattle without an 11 year old but my schedule is so busy. I'm thinking maybe September... stay tuned Laurel!

Anyways, ran last night at run group after two days off and although my legs still felt heavy and worn they loosened up after a few miles. Really easy pace again and thankfully because it was 94 degrees and kind of muggy. Yuck. Think I'll try to hit a marathon pace run on Wednesday and then do some speedwork on Thursday. Take Friday off and then I have TWO races on Saturday. More on that later.

2 comments:

  1. That was cool of you to taken him to Seattle. Sounds like a great time. Your doing a great job keepin to your training, just don't burn yourself out. Good luck this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was SO sad I missed you guys last weekend. Let's plan for fall!

    ReplyDelete