Saturday, August 26, 2006


Thursday night I went to the Portland Beavers game. My boss has season tickets and gave me two "Flex" ones meaning you could redeem them for any home game. I chose this one because it was a Thursday night, aka "Thirsty Thursday". They are typically the most attended and wild due to half the stadium being plastered (cheap beer).

I took Laurel and we had another night of fun, they are getting to be so many I've lost count. Wish I was 21 because then we could have drank our brains out, but oh well. Laurel could've gotten some but chose not to.

As for the game, the Beavers looked like they were going to win it, going up 4-1 after seven innings. It's at this time I spotted my boss and another co-worker she took to the game. My boss was sober enough (she's built up a tolerance) but the person she was with was smashed. She kept saying things like "you're sooooo cute" and "Thomas is sooooo smart" and shit like that. It was weird, but oh well.


I need a haircut.


Swwwwing and a miss. Notice the packed beer garden... there was one along third base as well.


Speaking of which, Laurel just called me from the Mariners game smashed. They just won after a nice little rally in the bottom of the 8th. For some reason she thought I was a big Red Sox fan and called to rag on me... I dunno. Glad she had fun though, I'd love to take in a game at Safeco.

As for the Beavers game, they blew it and ended up losing 8-4 after Las Vegas scored 5 runs in the 9th inning. The relief pitcher allowed SIX consecutive hits to start the inning on about 9 pitches. 4 of them were extra basers. The home town Thirsty Thursday crowd was not pleased and booed him loudly.

Despite the loss, good times were had. 12,679 people were at the game, the second highest attendence of the season second to the 4th of July crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment