Friday, August 04, 2006

Wednesday immediately after work I headed towards my sister's house. It was her birthday on the 3rd, so we had a little get together with some of her friends, my mom, my aunt, and me! It was at some park in North Portland where the Portland Festival Symphony was playing.

Anywho I really battled traffic to get to my sister's house (apparently 3:15pm is rush hour now). I finally got there about 20 minutes late but they weren't ready anyways (I met my mom and sister). So finally we pack it up and head to the park. We didn't take the freeway since it was so tied so, so we spent some time wandering our way to the park on city streets.

Finally we get there and see my Aunt Lena. We settle down to a feast that my mom has prepared... bread with cheese, fruit of all kinds, chocolate cake, salad, eggplant... and probably some other stuff. We also brought along some wine to class things up.

However the day before my sister got in a bike wreck and broke her collarbone (!) but she still came. She was a little out of it and in some pretty good pain but still had a good time. Finally after gorging, oh there were berries!, we decided to head back to my aunt's house.

There we just all sat around and talked. Don't remember much what it was about, probably a lot about how stupid Bush is, but I remember it was fun. After a good couple of hours we finally spilt up.

So I ended up getting home at 11:10pm after leaving the house at 9:00am. It was worth it though.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:25 PM

    $hurb's hears must have been burnning.
    What an idiot.
    We also had a interesting discussion on race and what it is like for an African American living in such a WHITE city.
    It was a fun evening.
    Did you get my email from the other day?

    ReplyDelete