Thursday, March 27, 2014

8 OUT OF 9

Lately I've been running a little more frequently. I was surprised when I looked at my RunningAhead log last night that if I run tonight I will have ran 8 out of the last 9 days (and 10 of the last 12). For someone who tends to have below-average recovery ability, that is pretty good. I think my legs are finally adjusting to this running thing. I am by no means a natural runner, but I feel like my body is really finally starting to adjust.

Not that it's all cupcakes and unicorns though. My legs are tired today and they will be tired as I try to hit a 10k marathon pace run. The difference though is they are just tired, not sore. I always used to get sore... now it only happens maybe the day after a race or twenty mile run. Even then my recovery is a lot quicker than it used to me. It's okay to run on tired legs... there is even a whole marathon training system based around that (Hanson's!).

In those nine days I would have run six normally, so I only added two days. And each of those days was just a 5k. So not that big of a deal (I do have a 20 miler in there though). If I could add a fifth day of running each week and just do 5k, I think I could handle that. I ran last Friday because it was so nice outside I just couldn't stand not to even though I had twenty the next day. And then I ran on Tuesday at like 9pm after Buffalo Wild Wings because I felt like a buffalo after eating there.

So, we'll see if that sticks. Easier to get out there now that the weather has turned for the better. Another run in 38 and drizzly probably wouldn't be so appealing. After my 10k today I won't run again until Saturday, when I do 16 with Coach Jim's group. Then off on Sunday as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment