Monday, March 31, 2014

THE GRIND

15.5 miler with the Coach Jim group this last weekend.
It was inevitable, the post after I write about how I've been running more than ever is about how I am now very tired and feeling rundown. Most of my problem is my right glute muscle flaring up again. This happened before the Portland Marathon last year and I think once after that during a speed workout. The good news is if I rest it tends to heal up fairly well.

Bad timing with the Vancouver Marathon coming up (five weeks!) and Ragnar this week. At this point I am concerned about it being an issue during Ragnar with the high mileage I will be doing. I'll just be taking it easy this week and then hope I can get through Ragnar okay. I think It'll be okay. If for some reason it persists past Ragnar and is a real issue I might have to take some time off.

On Saturday with Coach Jim we were supposed to run 16 miles but ended up running only 15.5 miles. I wasn't about to add any onto the end either. I just felt super run down and it was monsooning rain almost the entire time. Not the greatest run I've ever had.

Anyways, Ragnar is this week and I am very excited about that. I'll run just once more this week on Wednesday and then I'll have my three Ragnar legs. Can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. My condolences to your booty muscle. I've started weight training and cardio cross training again, and it's hard for me to get into that while maintaining a running schedule. My calves hurt so bad when I run! Can't wait to hear about your first Ragnar!

    ReplyDelete