Wednesday, March 12, 2014

NEW (OLD) SHOES!

Hopefully I like the model 13s and much as the 12s.
Apparently I need to set a reminder for March next year because Brooks appears to clear out their old model Adrenalines at this time. Last year I bought two pairs in March of the model 12 being cleared out and this year I was able to snag a pair of 13s. Same price, $72 each with free shipping. A great deal. Same blue/white color scheme from last time.

I'm super pumped, because I love my Adrenaline shoes but I can't stomach retail price. I bought my last pair of Adrenaline 12's on eBay last summer after the Brooks clearance was over because I wanted a fresh pair for the marathon. Those still only have 100 miles on them because they are were my last pair and I was trying to make them last. I almost want to buy more than two pairs but $144 on the wallet is a big enough hit.

Since the Portland Marathon I've mostly been training in a pair of Nike Structure shoes that I won at PRC. They are the Nike equivalent of the Adrenaline and they are alright. Not as comfortable as the Brooks shoe but I've been able to run in them pain and injury free. They get the job done. I've been planning to buy a couple more pairs since I can get a pass to the employee store and they would only be $60 there, but I'd rather spend $12 more and get the Brooks.

So I think that will be the "shoe plan" going forward. Buy a couple pairs of Brooks when they clear out the old model and then supplement with Nike Structures until the next clearance. I'll give the Nike's credit... I have 435 miles on them and feel like they still have another 100 or so. They seem to be holding up pretty well.

Ran an easy 7 on Monday (9:28/mile). Plan to run again tonight, probably five miles. Then maybe only a 5k tomorrow because I want to rest up for the Shamrock Run on Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. Great grab on the shoes! Good luck with the Race!

    ReplyDelete