Wednesday, October 01, 2014

FOUR DAYS

The Portland Marathon is in FOUR DAYS. Yikes! I am feeling a little better about it than I was a few days ago, but it still freaks me out. Depends on the mood you catch me in whether I am excited or really nervous and dreading it. I think race morning once I am awake and feel the energy of the event... I'll be excited.

One thing that is a little unnerving is the weather forecast. Predicted high of 79 and sunny on marathon day.  I think it was about 70 and sunny last year, so this will be a little warmer. There were a couple of times last year towards the end of the race when I was in the sun where it was a little too hot, so I would expect that again, especially since it'll likely be 6-8 degrees warmer at that point than last year (plus, I'll be running faster).

Beats the rain though! Should be around 58 at race start and hopefully won't crack 70 when I am actually running. We'll see. I don't see it being a major problem, but I will definitely feel it when I am 20 something miles in and on the exposed areas along the bluff on Willamette.

Did 5.5 easy miles with run group on Monday. Will try to get one more run in, likely three super easy miles, maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow. That'll be it until race day. I love tapering... I just hate the anticipation. Just writing out this post is giving me sweaty palms.

No comments:

Post a Comment