Friday, October 03, 2014

TWO DAYS

I'll keep this post brief as I'll have a large post previewing the race tomorrow. The weather is trending in the wrong direction, the forecast ticked up another degree today. The good news is we are now within the 48 hours range for hourly projections (yikes!) and the temperature at race start is predicted to be 58, which will be great. No need for warm up gear or anything, it was a bit colder last year and I was fine in my shorts and singlet.

The temperature at 10am is expected to be 65 and at 11am 69. So it will only be in the high 60s when I finish. Now, that will still feel hot, especially towards the end along Willamette, but that I can manage. I feel bad for those who are going to be out there 5, 6 hours with the temperatures creeping into the mid 70s.

Starting to focus on proper hydration today. It will likely result in me needing to pee during the race again, but that is 30 seconds I can afford. With the weather being what it will, better safe than sorry. Anyways, off to drink another glass of water!

No comments:

Post a Comment