Saturday, October 18, 2014

UPCOMING RACE SCHEDULE, OCTOBER 2014 EDITION

So, literally hours after I posted about the Eugene Marathon they announced the date. It will take place on May 10th next year. Meaning it will be the week after the trip to Indianapolis for the Mini Marathon. I also signed up for the Rock'n'Roll Portland Half Marathon way back in the day that takes place on May 24th. Meaning in three weekends I'll have a half, a full, then a half again.

That means I'll need to run the two half marathons easier than normal. I'd love to pace one of my Solemates during the Mini Marathon, so that'll work out perfectly the weekend before Eugene. Then the weekend after Eugene I'll just have to take Rock'n'Roll easier. I'll just have to shoot for PRs at another time, as I originally thought I'd shoot for that at RnR, but obviously that won't be happening.

November 9th, 2014 - Rivalry Clash Portland 10k
I did this race last year as a 5k and will be doing it as a 10k this year. I had been waiting for it to hit the discount sites like last year, and sure enough, it was on Groupon for nearly half price. $29 for a 10k isn't that bad, so I signed up. Should be a flat course at the Portland International Raceway (different than last year) so maybe a PR chance.

November 27th, 2014 - ORRC Turkey Trot at the Zoo 4M
Was thinking about doing the Give N' Gobble again this year but I also like to try out new races and I already have a 10k a few weeks before with the Rivalry Clash. So, onto another popular Thanksgiving Day race in the area, the ORRC Turkey Trot at the Oregon Zoo. It's a 4 miler, which I haven't done yet, so that will be fun. It's a very hilly course so I'll just try to enjoy myself as much as possible and burn off a piece of pie for later.

December 7th, 2014 - HoHo 5k
Haven't officially signed up yet, but it looks like it will be year three of this event. There aren't a ton of events in December, the only other one I'd consider is the Holiday Half Marathon, but it is pricey and the weather can be absolutely miserable. For only $15, this race is a steal and it's local, fun, and low-key. Probably won't have Brandon again this year, although we had fun, I don't know if he'd be too keen on it again... but I'm going to run it by him before I sign up.

January 25th, 2015 - Miami Half Marathon
Year two of the Miami Marathon. Got in for $50 by signing up the week after the race last year and my friend seems a little more serious about his training this year. So I'm actually kind of excited about the possibility to pacing him this race... he won't be much faster than 2:45 or so, but I don't want to run this race "hard" again, so a leisurely stroll would be nice!

February 2nd, 2015 - Zena Road Runs 15k
This conflicted with Miami last year, but Miami seemingly bumped up a week so I think I'll do Zena again. I did it in 2012 and it was a great warmup for the Shamrock Run. A hilly course and a nicely done local event. I think I'll recruit some of my buddies from PRC to run this with me... burn off some calories before the Super Bowl parties later.

March 15th, 2015 - Shamrock Run 15k
Year four of the Shamrock Run. Can't wait to run this again. I'll hopefully be shooting to set a PR and possibly beat my Dad's time from back in the day (if not this year, then in 2016 for sure!). Katie from Runs for Cookies is coming into town for this one, so I'll be hosting her. If don't happen to have a good race it'll be because we stayed up drinking or something and will be totally worth it.

April 12th, 2015 - Corvallis Half Marathon
I think I may target this race as my spring half marathon where I shoot for a PR. Since Indy and RnR will be affected by my spring marathon, this seems to be the perfect weekend to hit a half marathon hard. I did this race back in 2013 and really liked it. If I don't end up doing this race, I'll likely do the Vernonia Half Marathon on the same day.

May 2nd, 2015 - Indianapolis 500 Festival Mini Marathon
Traveling to Indianapolis to meet my Ragnar SoCal teammates for a reunion and to run this half marathon. Initially I planned to run this race for a PR, but with the Eugene Marathon looming the next weekend I'll have to take it easy. Instead, I look to pace one of my teammates and just soak in all the largest half marathon in the United State has to offer!

May 10th, 2015 - Eugene Marathon
My target marathon for the spring training cycle. Will I be able to get the elusive sub 3:30 marathon? Looks like Alejandro will be running this marathon too so I should have company. While I have a ton of stuff to look forward to, this race will be motivating me all throughout those crappy, wet winter months.

May 17th, 2015 - Rock'n'Roll Portland Half Marathon
I signed up for this race way back the week before the RnR in 2014. They were running some special to sign up for 2015 for $50, which for an RnR event is ridiculous, so I signed up. Since then the weekends surrounding this date have filled up, so it looks like I'll just have to take this one easier and it enjoy all the bands and atmosphere.

1 comment:

  1. Yay Shamrock! I might as well plan on being hungover for that race now ;) You're running the Miami Half on my 33rd birthday--there's the number 33 again! Maybe 33 will be a good year for me?

    ReplyDelete