Thursday, December 24, 2015

UPDATE: A WHOLE LOT OF NOTHING

This guy.
Just figured I should give you all an update. Basically, nothing has happened since I last checked in except that I saw The Force Awakens and it was AWESOME. So awesome I saw it again yesterday. And I'll see it again at least once more in the theater. I gave Revenge of the Sith a "B," and I'll give The Force Awakens a solid "A." It was really all we could ask for, the return to fun space adventures with characters were care about (and mostly new ones! I cared about Rey and Finn. I didn't give a shit about Anakin or Padme). Not over the top CGI shit wrapped around a boring political drama and painfully forced relationship.

ANYWAYS, go see it if you haven't. Other than that, I haven't done much. I haven't ran since the 5th of December. My legs still felt funny until a few days ago, but I'm back to feeling fresh. I think I might run on Christmas morning because that has been one of my favorite traditions the past few years. A group of us meet at the Tualatin Starbucks and do an easy five miles or so and then have coffee. It's fun. So I'll probably do that very easily and see how it goes. Assuming nothing major happens I'll probably slowly get back to running again. I have the Miami Half Marathon in like four weeks so yeah... need to get on that. 1:58 here I come.

To be honest I haven't missed running, or working out, at all. Like pretty much zero. There have been some times when I feel lazy and like I should do something, but that is just my brain being conditioned and not my body physically yearning for exercise. Left to my own devices I'd be a sloth and 250 pounds. The good thing is I realize that, so even if I don't necessarily want to do it, I'll still get out there and do it... probably. I envision moving forward I'll probably run three days a week and workout twice more. We'll see how it shakes out. For now, I'm enjoying the time off.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah Star Wars is definitely back! BB8 was my absolute favorite from the new movie. Can't wait to see it a third time either.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie6:28 AM

    I hear a lot about this BB8 and other Star Wars folks. However, I miss the running updates. So here's to January and you getting back to running! :P

    ReplyDelete