Wednesday, December 30, 2015

CARD CARRYING MEMBER



Well, Planet Fitness finally put out a new deal that I could stomach. $10 to join and then $10/month. Doesn't get much better than that, so I went ahead and pulled the trigger. It will be nice to have that as an option on those dark, cold, and rainy nights where I lack motivation. Katie also joined so it will be nice to have a gym buddy if we end up going at the same time. I made sure to go last night to establish myself as a "pre-January 1ster." That way I can act all annoyed at the people coming in January. "This place used to not be so crowded! Man, I long for the good old days of three days ago."

Anyways, I ended up doing thirty minutes on the elliptical at a pretty decent clip. The program I did wanted to know my target heart rate, so I plugged in 168, not knowing what that really meant. Turns out that is almost 90% of my max HR, so it was a pretty decent clip. The running equivalent of my average speed was 6:50/mile. That just goes to show you how much easier an elliptical is! It was a good workout though, got me sweating and burnt some calories (375), so mission accomplished.

Katie then showed me how to use a number of the weight machines, so that was cool. A lot of them look like torture devices, but I guess once you know how to use them they aren't too bad. I don't want to get ripped, but I guess some upper body tone wouldn't hurt. Also, I need to strengthen my core (whatever the fuck that is) for running. I always hear about that and running. So I'll probably do some weight stuff too. The new plan is to hopefully run three times a week and then elliptical/weights twice a week. I'm not going to be too rigid about my schedule because usually I am pretty good at being flexible but not slacking off. I imagine something like this though:

Mon: PRC Run
Tue: Gym
Wed: PRC Run
Thu: Rest
Fri: Gym
Sat: Long Run
Sun: Rest

2 comments:

  1. Katie6:59 AM

    I'm gonna pump YOU up! I'll make sure to work on those glutes and that core to make you less prone to injury! Yeah? Ok sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just be careful to not turn into Hans and Franz while your there! You don't want to have the Lunk Alarm set on you! lol
    Good luck with the cross training, you might be surprised how much it will help.

    ReplyDelete