Thursday, December 17, 2015

LEARNED ABOUT WEIGHT LOSS, I HAVE



First of all, tonight is the first night of the new Star Wars movie. I'd be lying if I didn't say I was having a mini-geek out. So excited! I have to tickets to see it with Libbie and Jeff so we'll be there opening night. Thankfully, the showing is at 7:30 or something, so I don't have to stay up until midnight like in previous years. Remember when you actually had to be hardcore to show up on opening night? I guess society has become that lazy. Anyways, venture back in time 10.5 years when I wrote a post about opening night for Episode III. Unfortunately all the pictures were hosted at a now defunct server.

Moving on, this post was supposed to be about what I learned during my recent 11 pound loss. Well, mostly I re-learned a lot of things and I am still learning as I transition back to normal eating. The biggest takeaway for me was portion control. The first week or so I was starving while eating 1700-1800 calories a day. By the end of the 5.5 weeks I wasn't starving and satisfied with 1500-1600 calories a day. I'm fairly certain my stomach shrunk a little! Now that I am back to "normal" I have tried to eat "old normal" a couple times and ended up in pain from being so full.

Take last night at Fuddruckers. Normally the 1/2 pound burger and fries left me satisfied but not overly full. Last night I thought I was going to explode and severely regretted my choice to eat it all. Lesson learned. I want to avoid stretching my stomach back out, so I'll have to be very aware about how much I eat. I liked that 500 calories could fill me up for a meal! I'll have to make sure to still eat enough calories, 2100 or so, because I don't want to keep losing weight. I think the re-introduction of beer and alcohol should do the trick.

Another lesson has been that fruit and vegetables are delicious! I was never against fruits and veggies, but I didn't make a conscious effort to constantly include them in my diet. When you are losing weight they are a great source of food for not a lot of calories, so I found myself eating them often. Lately I've been obsessed with apples... I cannot believe these delicious orbs of juicy yum flesh just grow outside in the wild. It's crazy. Long story short, I plan to continue to supplement my meals and snacks with fruits and veggies.

Really, that's about it. I already knew all this stuff, but over time you just kind of forget. The Force was strong with me. Do, or do not, there is no try (when it comes to weight loss). I used to bullseye wamp rats in my T-16 back home, they aren't much bigger than that Fuddruckers burger. That's not true, that's impossible that you can be satisfied with 1600 calories! Search your feelings you know it to be true that apples are delicious. Okay, I'm running out of Star Wars quotes. Off to the Tosche Station to pick up some power converters!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:36 PM

    Wow, what it must be like to eat 2100 calories. Jel! And you should try my apple pie sometime. I know that's not just fruit, but I make to sugar free with just the apples to sweeten. Behind where we live there is an apple farm and from August - October they have the best apples!

    Have fun at Star Wars tonight!

    PS: one of these days I'll figure out how to connect my darn name on these comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were at the Fud?! Was it with C and A? Hope to cya during xmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the post. Fuddruckers is one of my all time favs and I don't live close to one anymore so it has been a long ass time since I've eaten there. It's funny how we get addicted to certain things. Apples have been my go to lately as well. Paige told me to try Pink Ladies, and I fell in love! Great Job on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pink Ladies are the BEST! So good! That't awesome... it wasn't long ago that you ate your first apple!

      Delete