Monday, December 14, 2015

WEIGH IN SUNDAY - IT'S OVER!

Suck it Trebek.
It's over, it's over! Wohoo! By the grace of his noodly appendage I hit 165.0 over the weekend and am officially done losing weight! As I mentioned in my last post, I was already very over this thing, but felt the need to get down to 165 since that was the original goal I put out there. It was getting to the point where I was just going to not drink water and go work out on the elliptical for two hours to hit the number, but thankfully I stepped on the scale Sunday and saw that magic number.

I will replay the experience for you. A few seconds of stunned silence as my eyes grew in size, then a loud "fuck yea!" followed by many primal grunts and celebratory gestures. I stepped back on the scale just in case... fucker flashed 165.2 for a second before settling back on 165.0. I think it knew I would have thrown it out the window if it didn't comply, so good scale. Anyways, I was very excited. I've been having this dream of buffalo wings for a couple weeks and I immediately went out to Safeway to try their new wing hot bar. Unfortunately, there were no wings when I went, so I had to buy the cold ones. They were good, but I still need some real, fresh wings here soon.

Now that it's over, what's next? Well, hopefully maintain around this weight. Like I mentioned last post, I am a little skinnier than I planned and my pants don't fit great anymore. My 32-waist jeans are trying to fall off my body. I really don't feel like repurchasing a bunch of clothes, so a few pounds of gain wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. I'd like to maintain in the high 160s, so maybe set 168 as my target weight. The goal will be maintain that for the foreseeable future. I'll have a  post about what I learned during this whole process soon.

Yes, that's copious amounts of blue cheese. Not pictured: beer.
Also, an update on the gym thing. I went with Katie to join Planet Fitness if they'd waive the "start up fee" but they played the "we can't change it, corporate won't even let us" card, to which we said, "okay, cool, bye." Probably true. I'm sure the mothership pays them dirt and gives little authority over such things. So the plan now is to wait for the gyms to start putting out their "New Years Resolutions" deals and take advantage of one of those. Last year Planet Fitness had "$99 for one year, no start up fee" right before the New Year, so hopefully they'll do something similar again. Their next promotion should start on the 18th, so we'll see then!

Last Week: 166.6 lbs
Yesterday: 165.0 lbs
Weight Lost: -1.6 lbs
Total Loss: -11.0 lbs
Pounds from Goal: 0.0 lbs (!!!)

2 comments:

  1. I'm super proud of you, Friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy you hit your goal, but I am not gonna lie, I would have preferred to read about how you threw it out the fucking window! ;)
    Great job buddy!

    ReplyDelete