Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I LIVE IN THE MOUNTAINS APPARENTLY

 This looks pretty flat huh? Yeah, not so much.

So it turns out I moved somewhere pretty hilly (I'll do a post about my new house later). My apartment was located on a hill, but once you got off that hill it was pretty flat. It was great for speed training, only a few slight hills were really in the way.

Needless to say, everything looks flat on Google Maps. So when you are plotting a route you're imagining it as flat. Not the case. Really there is no flat run from my new place unless I wanted to run short laps around my neighborhood. That's alright though... my Monday night runs with the PRC group are flat and I'll probably stop somewhere for a flatter run around once a week also.

Not that this is a bad thing! I need hill training and running on these hills (they aren't THAT bad unless you climb up to Cooper Mountain) will build my strength. Running on flatter courses will then seem easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment