Sunday, June 24, 2012

QUICK INJURY UPDATE

My calf appears to be getting better. Yesterday I ran another 10k (I scrapped a "long run" to not push my calf), this time taking the revised course I made after my first 10k run. I liked the change and will keep it that way. All together it was 6.31 miles, which is perfect, I like a little cushion.

The calf felt pretty good, I could definitely feel it still being 'injured' but it wasn't as noticable as previous runs. I was able to push harder up the uphills and it didn't really threaten to pull or anything. I will say that it was sore after the run for a couple hours, but after that passed it felt great (as with all of today). So as long as I keep not pushing it too hard I should be healed up here pretty soon. I'll try to take it easy at run group tomorrow and stretch it out well.

Mile times were 8:06, 8:05, 8:02, 8:21, 8:04, and 7:48. After feeling pretty good through four miles I decided to push it a little the last two and was very happy to finish on a 7:48!

No comments:

Post a Comment