Friday, June 15, 2012

TIRED LEGS

I am definitely getting some tired legs. Recently I've ramped up my mileage and it is starting to catch up with me. I am also taking less rest days than I used to.

Yesterday I ran a relatively flat six near my old apartment and I could definitely tell my muscles were fatigued. Still ran a good time, averaged 7:38s, but my legs were the ones complaining (the old lung/leg question). Breathing-wise I felt like a million bucks running that pace but my legs were tired!

This is to be expected, my recent weekly mileages have crept above 25 and if all goes to plan I will run 32 this week (eek!).

Needless to say, I've scaled back my run today, I am going to do an easy three. And I mean it this time! Lots of times when I try to take it easy I end up only running about 20 seconds a mile slower, but I'll be gunning for like 9:00s today and only do three miles. Have to save up for Sunday, I am planning 14 miles. Maybe that is a stupid too far escalation, my previous high is 11.4, but I'll take it easy.

In non-running news, my roomie John taped up his whole room last night to get it ready to paint. He's not moving in until the end of the month, but must take care of a hideous shade of yellow in his room first. Honestly, this is like the morning after a bender dehydrated piss yellow. It's awful; I honestly don't know how anyone could have picked it! Reminds me of the Uck "highlighter" jerseys from a few years ago. You remember those, right? It was only 89 uniform combos back.

These things! Last play of the game... shhhhhhhank! Beavs win 30-28!
Oh hey, I wrote a blog post about this!

2 comments:

  1. 14 miles! That's fantastic. Hope you get 'er done! Dan and I just signed up for the Disneyland marathon in January. I'm suddenly ridiculously nervous at the thought of running 39.3 miles in 2 days, only to turn around and run another 13.1 7 days later. But I will earn 5 pieces of bling so it's all worth it, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are crazy! Forty miles in two days would be a huge achievement! They better give you free Fast Passes for that. :P

    ReplyDelete