Sunday, October 13, 2013

BACK IN THE SADDLE

Well, I finally had my first run post-marathon. I was going to wait until Saturday, but Friday night I was feeling so itchy I just had to get out there. So I did an easy three miles when I got home from work. It felt great! I averaged 8:52/mile and the effort felt pretty easy. I will say I was a bit more winded than I thought after that run and the 3.1 miles seemed to take a while. What the heck, I just ran 26!

Today I laid around and watched football most the day. I finally got out the door around 5pm and did my usual 10k loop. Another great run, averaging a slightly faster 8:43/mile. My legs feel fully recovered and the only lingering effect of the marathon is a slightly sore left knee. The pain isn't anywhere in particular, it's just a very low level soreness of the whole knee. Doesn't really bother me and it seemed better today than the day before. I'll just keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't get worse, but right now I am not worried. Hopefully it'll fade into history like my butt muscle pull.

Next post... where from here?

No comments:

Post a Comment