Monday, October 21, 2013

REPLACEMENT OF FEARS

Worth skipping to go on a run? N to the O.
This weekend I didn't do a long run. I was supposed to do a long run of twelve miles so I could start that 12, 15, 18 rotation. Imagine me as a puppy who just did something wrong. Head down, tail between legs, unable to look owner in eye. That is me fair reader.

My weekend just got super busy and since I am no longer training for the marathon, I didn't go way out of my way to make it happen. The run was supposed to happen Sunday morning, but Brandon and I made it to the finals of the Little Big Shot activity the day before, which meant we got to do down on the floor at the Moda Center/Rose Garden (19,800 seat arena where the Blazers play) and shoot hoops on the same court that LeBron James and all the NBA guys play on. So it was an opportunity that wasn't going to be missed!

Anyways, that took the timeslot my run was supposed to be in as the rest of my day was full. Now, had I woken up at 7am on Sunday to run I could have made it happen. I needed sleep though, so I didn't. And while I feel bad, I don't feel too bad. This weekend should be an outlier. I WILL make sure it is an outlier. I am very sensitive about not slacking off and losing the fitness I built during marathon training. And I can practically feel myself getting less fit by the second.

Fear of hitting the wall has been replaced by fear of slacking off and getting out of the shape I've worked so hard to achieve. So this Saturday morning I will wake up early to make sure I can fit my long run in. I'm debating about whether I should do 12 or 15, but at least 12 will get done.

1 comment:

  1. Brandon is very lucky to have you in his life!

    ReplyDelete