Wednesday, October 02, 2013

FOUR DAYS

Took a rest day yesterday that was needed. Feel much better today. Any soreness or creakiness from the 5k and indoor soccer is extremely low level and I would say almost gone. Today at run group I'll be doing 3 miles at a very slow pace. Based on my new found appreciation of recovery jogs, I should feel like a million bucks tomorrow. That will be my last run and everything is setting up for feeling good on race day. Half my office is sick but I've managed to avoid getting sick with anything.

I'll be going to the expo for packet pickup after work on Friday. I'm going with Alejandro, Jon, Libbie, and Glenn from run group. So the five of us will meet at the expo, check it out, then go to a nearby Italian restaurant to carbo load. Should be fun. I think I will drink coffee all day Saturday until I have to use the restroom... would hate to have a large Italian meal still in play come race day. :)

Read an interesting article today that can be found at this link here. Basically I was nodding my head along the whole time because most of my workouts are in the "medium effort" range and I have certainly plateaued to a point. I'm still slowly getting better, but once the marathon is over I am going to mix up my routine to include speedwork. If I'm running four a days a week one day will be a recovery run, one will be speedwork, one will be a tempo run, and then a long run. I'll have to decide which days for what though.

Weather still looks the same. I'm not worried about it. I've lived here long enough to know a day that has a picture of clouds and rain with a 40% chance means that it'll probably sprinkle for an hour at some random point and then be just fine and possibly even sunny the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment