Saturday, October 05, 2013

I'M READY... LET'S DO THIS!

I'm feeling surprisingly good today. I thought I would be totally freaking out - and I am, at a low level - but overall I feel pretty good. I'm rested and ready. Nobody feels completely ready for their first marathon, so I'm in the same boat as hundreds of thousands of others.

Should be fun getting to start with my friends Glenn and Alejandro. I predict that Alejandro finishes ahead of me, Glenn behind. We all have the same target pace, but Alejandro is a lot better than he thinks he is and Glenn didn't train enough for the race (I think he signed up five weeks before and did a couple 16 mile runs).

Anyways, I have my clothes all ready. They forgot to put my name on my bib so I had to do it myself. Accidentally smudged it a little bit, but not too bad. Looks good enough. My first marathon bib needs my name!

I should get to bed. I think my brain is going to be active tonight... hopefully I'll be able to fall asleep because I have a 5am wake up call.

No comments:

Post a Comment