Friday, October 04, 2013

TWO DAYS

Eeek! It's getting close now. I'll have a preview of the race tomorrow along with my goals. I am eager to get racing. I look forward to when a marathon looming won't be a huge deal... it'll always been significant, but not to the point where I am freaking out about it. Kind of like a half marathon is for me now. I might get a little nervous and whatnot, but I know I've done them before and doing 13.1 miles is very achievable for me.

The scary part about the marathon is I've never done one before and the distance isn't something you can really do in your training. The unknown of the marathon is what is kind of scary. I am pretty confident I'll be able to finish in a decent time, but I know it'll be hard and I'll probably be in a lot of pain afterward. I look forward to the day when the marathon would be like a half marathon for me now... a challenge, but doable. Maybe a little sore for a few days, but nothing too bad.

Anyways, I don't have much to say because all I am doing is tapering and trying not to think about it too much. The weather looks great! If anything it might be a little too hot. That is nitpicky, especially since it'll probably be mid 60s at most when I finish, but running along the bluff near University of Portland is pretty exposed so the sun might feel a little hotter, especially 20 miles in. I'll take that over the alternative though.

No comments:

Post a Comment