Thursday, October 03, 2013

THREE DAYS

Yesterday I had my last run before the marathon. I ended up running three miles at 9:00/mile, which was a little faster than I wanted but it felt SO EASY. I think the tapering is already starting to take effect. We ran the first mile in 8:30 and I was shocked we were running that fast. It felt good but started to pour rain a few minutes into the run. It didn't relent and by the time we walked back into the store it look like we fell into a swimming pool.

Speaking of the weather, the marathon forecast is looking much better. The potential rain that was on Sunday seems to have slipped over into Monday the last couple of days. According to weather.com, the weather on marathon day should be perfect! Obviously, it still has time to change though, so I won't celebrate yet.

Today was really busy at work so I didn't have time to freak out about the marathon. Tomorrow is packet pickup... I have a feeling I'm going to start freaking out when I get there and not stop until I cross the finish line.

No comments:

Post a Comment