Wednesday, October 23, 2013

WINTER RUNNING SCHEDULE

Really not much is going to change from what I am doing now. I'd like to do speedwork so basically I am looking to do that on Thursdays. That means I should probably take it easy on Wednesdays. Still shooting for four days a week. As long as I hit four, I should be good. Don't want to drop down to 2-3 like last winter.

That'd put me at 27 miles/week minimum, topping out around 35 or so. That's about what I'd like to average (~30) per week when I am not training for anything in particular.

MON: 7 miles @ PRC (if worn out from weekend long run, do 5)
TUE:Rest
WED:5 miles @ PRC (do these easier to rest up for...)
THU:Speedwork/Intervals (get at least 5 miles in)
FRI:Rest
SAT:Long Run 12-18 miles
SUN:Rest

While I will probably stick pretty close to that, I can always re-arrange the weekday runs and the day I do my long run too. Just as long as I am getting all the runs in. My goal is to set 5k and 10k records by the time spring rolls around. I have a 5k on November 3rd and a 10k possibly on Thanksgiving Day. Even after the records are set I'd like to keep getting faster because that will be a key to improving my times in the longer distances as well.

Overall I think I am still recovering from the marathon. It's been a little over two weeks but my legs still don't feel as fresh and springy as they should. They just feel a little worn and tired. The switch to the winter running route at run group has been killer because it is super hilly. The 7.2 mile "rollercoaster," as we call it, has been a fun challenge though. I just really feel it the next day...

No comments:

Post a Comment